"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." -Emerson

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

The Desires of our Heart

Yesterday, after hours of pacing and mind racing, Rick finally found out what he will be flying...CH53's in North Carolina! I cannot tell you how excited we were! This means when we move (as soon as next week), we will be sent directly to NC. Having friends and family there makes it a whole lot less scary. We will be an hour and a half from home.

Alot of people would rather go on an adventure, go to a base as far from family as possible. I went through a time like that, but when I had a child I realized family and true friends are it in life. Very little matters besides those things. So, I am perfectly content with having the opportunity to be so close to them again!

I keep thinking how awesome it will be for our daughter to actually grow up around her grandparents, aunts and uncles. I never had that as a child, they were all just people I saw once or twice a year at family functions. She might actually have a deep relationship with them, which is so exciting!

I also am excited at the fact that I will have such an abundant amount of support when Rick deploys. The nights when I don't want to be alone, I'll just throw the babe in the back of the car and head up to C-ton. How exciting! Some people are of the school that you should never return home during a deployment. I am of the school that you do whatever you need to in order to survive during a deployment, and if that means being around the people who love you the most, then DO IT!

I am of course a bit sad at the prospect of leaving here. There are so many wonderful people in my life here, and I fear the day we are no longer in each other's daily lives. But, the good news is, we are in a small military so I am sure I will see many of these people again. I am also sure that the ones I've developed a close relationship with, will forever remain my friends. I thank God for them.

So, the moral of the story so to speak, is sometimes a dream can be deferred. Sometimes we don't get exactly what we want. Sometimes we end up with a second choice that may, in the end, have more benefit and more joy than the thing we originally wanted. Thank goodness God is in control and not us!

Here's to finding new desires of our heart...

Until next time-
-C.

No comments: