"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." -Emerson

Friday, September 19, 2008

Bittersweet...

I am sitting on my neighbor's (Navy) couch as the movers put more and more of our life into their truck. I just got back from the doctor with the little one. Apparently, the stress I've been feeling since preparing for the move lowered my immunity, allowing an annoying sinus infection/ head cold thing to creep into my skull. Then, I passed it to my poor little girl. So, this move has had an added amount of fun to it all.

This move is such a mix baged of emotions. I am SO excited to be so close to family and friends. I am SO excited to live in a beach house for a couple months while we search for our first home! I am SO excited of a new place to explore and old places I love. I am sad though too. I am sad to leave some of my friends that I know I may never see again. I am stressed to be in a state of limbo while we find a house. I am sad to leave our wonderful church. I am going to miss the new Publix...

There is so much to look forward too, but maybe it is this cold or stress that makes me feel a little bittersweet about it all.

For our NC people, see you sometime on Wednesday...call my parents house. For you FL people, I'll miss you, stay in touch.

Here's to bittersweet change...

Until next time-
C.

No comments: