"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." -Emerson

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Military wifery...

One of the best parts about being married to the military, is getting to meet such a diverse, talented group of military spouses. I've met the most amazing moms who can solve just about any child dilemma you are having, the most amazing crafters who can create jewelry, cards, and other types of art that deserves a spot in the best museums, and the most amazing writers who use blogging and other forums to write about their military adventures.

One of these talented ladies that I've met along our journey has created her own website, http://www.semperwifey.com/ . It is just an inspiring, fun, humorous look at all things military. I've been humbled to be able to be a part of this site and recently wrote a short piece about my 10 year anniversary as a Marine Corps honey. Be sure to check it out.

Ten years. Wow. That is a long time when you are only in your late 20's. I remember my first Marine Corps ball. As I proudly took my seat next to the best looking Lance Corporal there, a Gunnery Sergeant's wife leaned over and asked, "Date or Wife?" Proudly I exclaimed, "Date!" Only to watch as she swiveled around in her seat after an obligatory, "oh, that's nice, dear." Well, ten years since that day, I can boastfully declare "Wife!" If only, I could be asked that question just one more time.

Military life is an adventure that our civilian counterparts can never fully understand. It is filled with the highest of highs, the lowest of lows, and everything in between.

Here's to all the people who support some of the few and the proud...

Until next time,
-C.

2 comments:

BeadsByBobbi said...

I want a picture of you two 10 years ago!!! There is nothing like a picture to sum up the story.:)
I'll share if you do!

Anonymous said...

You hit the nail on the head with this post. I loved it. Especially the Date/Wife question. HA The life as a miitary spouse is very trying but I wouldn't have it any other way.

I hope you guys have settled in.

Bree