"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." -Emerson

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Thanksgiving

"It is written: "I believed; therefore I have spoken."With that same spirit of faith we also believe and therefore speak, 14because we know that the one who raised the Lord Jesus from the dead will also raise us with Jesus and present us with you in his presence. All this is for your benefit, so that the grace that is reaching more and more people may cause thanksgiving to overflow to the glory of God. 16Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day."
Dear Blogging Friends,
I wish I was at a place where I could share my whole story. I am not there and I doubt I will ever be. But, I do want to share this. God is extremely faithful. In the darkest of depths, in the highest of heights, God is forever the same.
This Thanksgiving, I am perhaps the most grateful for the wonderful gifts God has blessed me with. My greatest gift has been having Him by my side through the most traumatic event of my life so far. He has shown me that circumstance does not dictate His faithfulness. He has shown me that peace is not governed by what is going on around me. He has shown me that above all else, He loves me so emphatically that I could never understand the depths. I am so thankful for that and so much more.
I give thanks for so much, but particularly the following:
- The Father and The Son: His ability to understand the future and His ability to guide the present.
-The Holy Spirit: an ever present "counselor".
- Family of Choice: the amazing family God has given me and allowed me to create with a kind, generous, loving husband.
- Family of origin: Imperfect, perhaps quite Broken but intensely loving.
- True friendship: the ones who love and support no matter how many miles may seperate you at any given moment.
- New beginnings: a new surrounding to call home and a new group of lives that are going to intersect with ours in the coming years.
- Hope: being able to see it through the haze of hopelessness.
- Change: seeing change and growth in myself and those around me.
- Peace: accepting the place where you are placed as being exactly where you were meant to be.
I am so thankful this holiday season. I have witnessed miracles in the past months and I am just so amazed at how this life has turned out. It is so far from what I imagined it to be, but I can already see that He truly does work all things for the good of those who love Him. ALL things.
Here's to thanksgiving...
Until next time,
-C.

1 comment:

Christi said...

Beautifully written.. I am so thankful for you! Happy Thanksgiving friend!!!!