"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." -Emerson

Monday, December 1, 2008

Accentuate the Positive...

Remember that scene in The Jungle Book where Baloo starts singing:
"You've got to accentuate the positive,
Eliminate the negative,
And latch on to the affirmative,
Don't mess with Mister In-Between!"
Who knew such profound advice could be given by a large singing, dancing bear? Well, it could. There is positivity all around us and we just got to stop and accentuate it sometimes.
Here is my positive...
-My little girl says "taco day" when we head for Mexican food. How cool is that?? She also says "pine cone", "ohhhh, man", "come on, dad", and is quite the mimic which is teaching us the importance of words. She also dances and can lip synch. A star in the making! I have never met a person as funny as her...she may even be funnier than me!
-My husband mocks my cooking because let's just say, I don't know how to cook from a box. For instance, tonight's menu: Breadcrumb and parmasean crusted chicken, Asiago and rosemary roasted potatoes, and green beans in a garlic butter sauce. What? I thought that is how everyone cooks...He mocks it because he loves it. And he loves me. Deeply.
- My cousin is going to Sudan soon to deliver Bibles and help with their water system. He has a pregnant wife who is staying home while he goes. I am amazed by the courage and fortitude some people have in following what God calls them to do. I aspire for that.
- My little sister is smarter than I ever was at her age. In fact, she may be smarter than I ever was. Just don't tell her that. It goes to her head.
- I've seen miracles. A lot of them. A lot of them very recently.
- I always thought my mom could take care of anything. I was right.
- After everything that has happened, I feel whole again...sometimes. And sometimes I don't. And I am ok with it, either way.
- At the end of the day, I have an amazing life, but what makes it amazing are the people in it. That is perhaps the biggest positive.
Here's to accentuation...
Until next time,
-C.

No comments: