"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." -Emerson

Monday, June 16, 2008

Slowing down...

So, a good friend of mine , well several good friends of mine and my husband, have informed me that I need to slow down...they just about staged an intervention as I had volunteered my house for a meeting of 30+ women, including my husband's CO's wife.

Navy said, "You must be stopped." I think he was right.

It is not that I mean to stay so busy or that I have to be this busy, it is just that I see so many opportunities to serve others and I take them. I justify it to myself that Christ was busy too and always willing to help, but what I forget to remember is that Christ too rested. Christ too reached a limit when He could no longer serve others, but had to be alone to rest with His God.

I have promised my well-intentioned friends that I am going to take a moratorium on volunteering to do stuff, working, and general busyness. I cannot make any promises, but I sure will try. I just think there are so many opportunities each day, given to us to bless another or to help someone in need or to just do something good or of value, and we must take those chances because that is the point of this thing called life...serving is the point.

Most people do not have a servant's attitude. For me, it is often hard to set these boundaries or limits as to what I can and cannot do without having a mental breakdown because I do love to serve. I do love to work at whatever I do as if doing it unto the Lord so that I will receive an inheritance from the Lord as it is Him I am serving (Colossians 3:23-24). But, the Lord needs me at 100% capacity so that I can fully and wholeheartedly serve. I am going to work on that...getting me to 100%. Currently, running at about an 27% due to a lot going on, but we'll get back to 100%, I promise...starting July 1st.

Until next time...
C.

1 comment:

Will and Jennifer Farmer said...

I'm so thankful that you have been blessed with such a giving and caring attitude towards serving in life. But I agree with your loved ones - you need a break! I hope your trip to NC can be peaceful. I can't wait to see you, Love Jennifer