"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." -Emerson

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Suck it up, walk it off...

When we were dating, my husband once told me to "walk it off" when I told him my foot hurt. It has kinda been a running joke. I say something hurts, he says walk it off. Then for added humor, we've put the phrase suck it up before it.

So, Sunday was a rough one as you all heard, but then, through what I can only explain as coming from prayers of my friends and family and perhaps some of you only connected by this blog, I felt as though my soul started to "suck it up" and "walk it off" when it came to the whole shock of re-deploying of the hubby. I don't know, but peace came in like a tidal wave. I got a grip and suddenly felt like no matter what or for how long, we are going to be ok. We are all going to be ok.

We get so focused on our momentary troubles, don't we? In a few months, this will be just a "remember when" story. But, it doesn't stop it from smarting when you are smack dab in the middle of it.

Living in this place is hard, which is why I am glad we don't do it forever. I guess I need to keep being reminded of that fact...

Here's to walking it off...

Until next time,
-C.

No comments: