"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." -Emerson

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Be Kind...

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. "
-Plato
I find myself in a state of shock everytime I hear of another's struggle. Sometimes, I get so wrapped up in my own battles and there have been some brutal ones as of late, that I tend to forget that wars are raging all around me. I've felt so alone in my battles that I have started to wonder if others feel the same way. Do we all have this sense loneliness in our own brawls? I am not talking about a complete sense of aloneness, where you don't even feel the presence of God. I am talking about the solitude of feeling as if no one is there beside you, that no one has heard your battle cry. During times when you need fellow warriors.

I'll admit it. I tend to be a renegade, not accepting the help or support of anyone else. I think that mentality can leak into how I approach others and their needs during wars. Most of the time, I just figure they are like me, too proud to beg for some backup. Yet I know, both you and I need someone to at least just be with us as we struggle through whatever conflicts rage in our lives.

I need to work on being a fellow soldier in others battles. Plato was right, kindness is where it starts. But after that, you got to pick up a sword and help someone fight.

Here's to taking up arms...


Until next time,
-C.

No comments: